Processes, maintains records of transactions and provides customer service for the Vehicle Acquisitions department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Subject to change based on department and corporate needs
1. Locates and negotiates out of stocks for clients
2. Completes process of stocks: introduction to client, offering located vehicle to client,reviewing clients VIP agreements, issuing PO to dealer, processing payment to dealer, delivery follow-up, billing, L&T follow-up, and closing email to client
3. Assigns drop ship dealers to factory orders
4. Negotiates with dealers for lower CD fees
5. Locates more, and better, fleet minded dealers
6. Assists in any problems with particular dealers or clients
7. Answers and assists with all phone calls regarding purchasing and fuel
8. Use manufacturers’ web sites to obtain dealer and product information and to locate “stock” vehicles
9. Assists clients/sales/CSS with Autodata vehicle quotes whenever necessary
10. Assists in setting up vehicle deliveries/transports
11. Handles factory ordering, as needed, as back-up
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for assisting in the overall department customer service effort by using a pleasant, articulate telephone manner when answering and making telephone calls from and to customers, drivers, vendors, government agencies and EMKAY employees
2. This position requires a team player to interact, research and respond to requests for information and services, from personnel in other EMKAY departments and offices, in the same timely and accurate manner as that given to outside customers
3. To provide superior customer service, the employee must be a self starter, a problem solver and possess multitasking abilities to work in a fast paced work environment
4. Operates general office machines such as calculators, fax and photocopy machines
5. Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondences and prepares forms and material for outgoing mail
6. Cross trains to perform duties in a backup role for other Vehicle Acquisition department personnel
7. All correspondences must be EMKAY compliant as outlined in our Marketing Guideline and posted on the intranet
8. Performs special projects and duties as assigned by department Manager
Adherence to all corporate policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, including the following corporate policies:
-Business Ethics of Conduct
-Conflicts of Interest
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
-Prior automotive, light duty truck buying experience, fleet leasing, office and customer service experience is a plus
-Word processing training or experience and spreadsheet training or experience helpful
HOURS AND WORK SCHEDULE
This position is defined at forty hours per week qualifying the employee for the standard benefit package made available to all full-time employees. To start, the work schedule would be one of the following schedules: Monday through Friday 7:15am to 4:00pm; 8:15am to 5:00pm; or 9:15am to 6:00pm with a predetermined 45 minute lunch period. The work schedule may be subject to revision depending upon Department needs. The position requires an exemplary record of attendance and punctuality on the part of the employee.
Employee must have good English speaking and reading skills. Must also have the ability to write, read and comprehend simple business correspondence and memos. Must have good speaking ability and diction to effectively present information one-on-one to other employees of the organization and respond to questions from company executives, managers, customers and vendors. Foreign language skills are welcome.
General business arithmetic skills required such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, computation of percentages and discounts.
Must be able to work without constant supervision while performing routine job duties. Provide customer service by research and solving problems by developing the ability to anticipate, recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and formulate solutions. Must be able to perform decision making while discerning those issues that need to be referred to a supervisor for further action.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Person must be extremely detail oriented, well organized, able to learn how to prioritize work duties, very reliable and a self-starter who can work with minimal direction. The ideal candidate will have the ability to process large quantities of work in an error free environment. Must have good communication and telephone skills. Computer training or experience with P/C is required. Must know or be able to learn how to work with spreadsheets and word processing. Must be able to file accurately, operate calculator, fax machine and photocopier. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment of a modern business office building is usually low.Apply Now