In this role, the Director of Fleet Strategies has new business development responsibility for specified fleet sizes as determined by the Vice President of Sales & Service for a selected geography, plus account management responsibility for selected clients within a geographical area. In this role, the sales executive will be responsible for all new business development for specified fleet sizes as determined by the Vice President of Sales & Service (closing new accounts), as well as have account manager responsibilities. In the account management aspect of this role, the sales executive will have complete ownership of selected accounts, provide proactive consulting, provide strategic recommendations to drive account process efficiencies while taking cost out, make policy recommendations, identify and close new service opportunities, conduct quarterly client meetings, conduct web training, and be able to go vertical (C-Level) and horizontal in an account to expand our client touch points.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Subject to change based on department and corporate needs.
1. Exhibits very strong presentation skills in a one-on-one, as well as group presentation
2. Exhibits very strong sales consulting skills and very strong closing skills
3. Exhibits very strong system skills and utilization of the EMKAY Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
4. Strong listening skills and can effectively translate what they have heard into action items and follow ups.
5. Must be able to execute to new business sales objectives and account management goals.
6. Must have very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Exhibits strong technology skills (web, Outlook, Microsoft suite of products).
8. Exhibits strong written skills (example: effective follow up notes).
9. Exhibits strong time management and organizational skills.
10. Develops and provides on-going strategic recommendations for discussion with clients each quarter.
11. Provides monthly account management business updates.
12. Develops consultative topics on-going and lays a plan out to review and discuss with clients each quarter.
13. Develops in-depth analysis for cost savings and process improvements.
14. Develops quarterly goals and objectives (G&O’s) and presents quarterly results to the executive team.
15. Delivers high level of customer service to clients, vendors, and EMKAY employees in other company departments using a professional, pleasant, and articulate telephone manner.
16. Develops and maintains strong relationships with EMKAY internal operations staff.
17. Very strong consulting skills to position and sell new services within designated accounts.
18. In a consultative manner, works with clients to create vehicle selectors. Works with Client Support Services (CSS) staff and researches and recommends types and number of vehicles and fleet management services needed to satisfactorily solve the customer’s transportation needs in the most cost effective manner and minimal personnel effort on the part of the client.
19. In response to client inquiries, requests and works with CSS staff on the calculation of lease charges based on such factors as length of contract, interest, cost of vehicle, upfitting, anticipated mileage, applicable taxes, etc., and fleet management services requested by client.
20. Employee must have very strong web presentation skills and be able to demonstrate the features and benefits of the EMKAY website.
21. Must have in-depth knowledge of finance and the capital markets.
22. Must have in-depth knowledge of the fleet industry and all aspects of vehicle use, such as vehicle maintenance, insurance, state and local laws, and fuel usage.
23. Attends trade shows and all EMKAY sales meetings as appropriate or requested by management.
24. Coordinates and creates agenda, HQ prospect/client visit documentation for all his/her EMKAY HQ prospect/client visits.
25. Position requires out of town travel, up to 50-75% of the time.
26. During EMKAY training, all business correspondence to customers, drivers, manufacturers, and vendors must be reviewed and approved by management.
In summary, the person in this position accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility for all new sales business development and all account management for their designated clients.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-Minimum of a four-year college graduate or equivalent work experience.
-5-10 years of experience in the fleet industry.
-5-10 years sales experience.
-Masters degree a plus.
Adherence to all corporate policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, including the following corporate policies:
-Business Ethics of Conduct
-Conflicts of Interest
HOURS AND WORK SCHEDULE
This position is defined at forty hours per week, qualifying the employee for the standard benefit package made available to all full-time employees. The work schedule may necessitate hours in excess of forty hours per week to attain specific sales targets/goals.
Employees must have excellent English speaking and reading skills. Must also have the ability to write thorough and comprehensive business memos and letters. Must have good speaking ability and diction to effectively present information one-on-one to clients and other employees of the organization and respond to questions from company executives, managers, customers, and vendors. Foreign language skills are welcome.
Must be able to work without constant supervision while performing routine job duties. Provide customer consulting on an on-going basis by developing the ability to anticipate, recognize, and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and formulate solutions. Must be able to perform decision making while discerning those issues that need to be referred to management for further action.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Person must be extremely detail oriented, a self-starter, well-organized, able to prioritize work load, and very reliable who can work with minimal direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment of a modern business office building is usually low.